Part time work. Hours and days of work are worked out between the instructor and the company, but this is not designed to be a full time job. Preference given to applicants with teaching and training experience. We train you extensively.
Driversed.com seeks an Instructor to work within Fayette and Coweta counties, Georgia. We're the fastest growing driving school in Georgia. We pay for fuel, insurance, and maintenance for our late-model cars. Instructors are employees rather than independent contractors. Only candidates who live in or immediately adjacent to those two counties will be considered. We do not hire applicants who work for or who have worked for other private driving schools or for public school driver education programs except for those with police driving training experience. Must be at least age 25.
Applicants need excellent social skills and must be friendly, have unlimited patience, be calm and supportive, and must want to make a difference in our students' lives. We're the very best at teaching students to be skilled, safe, defensive drivers who can be crash free. Pay is $37.50 per lesson. Every lesson is two hours long. This is behind-the-wheel work; we do not conduct classroom training.
- Must complete the State of Georgia's Department of Driver Services Driver Training Instructor certification qualification process, finishing with a half-day classroom session and final examination in Conyers.
- We provide complete professional instructor training at no cost to you. This takes place during a defined number of sessions at various times over the course of a month or more and typically takes 40 hours. Training is arranged flexibly around a candidate's available time to participate in it and takes place reasonably near the candidate's residential location. In addition, candidates complete our 30-hour driver education online course at no cost. Training begins after the candidate completes the State's application. There is no pay or reimbursement for time or expenses incurred during training. Candidates must be readily trainable and willing to learn to teach people to drive our way. We use detailed lesson plans and teaching techniques.
- Our students are available after school, holidays, and on weekends. We teach seven days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and accept both teen and adult students.
- Must be available to teach 6-18 hours per week.
- Must want to work 3-5 weekdays after school hours until 10:00 p.m. and during both of the weekend days or during both weekend days and 3-5 weekdays in the mornings.
- Alternatively, however, we also are interested in instructors who want to work on weekends only.
- Must communicate in fluent English and have effective personal organization skills, including familiarity with map reading, way-finding, trip planning, and navigation under both planned and unplanned conditions. Must have an unwavering dedication at all times to punctuality and thoroughness while at work.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum 10 years good driving record, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a Social Security card. Appearance and personal style should be such that you would be able readily to be hired by a public or a traditional mainline private school.
- National fingerprint and background check, physical, drug screen all required as part of the State's application process. No criminal past. No DUI or reckless driving convictions at any time in the past. History of other types of moving violations are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Must have home Internet access, computer skills, and a cell phone.
We offer a 401k plan with company match and paid time off accrual based on hours worked.
see www.DriversEd.com and learn more about us.