eDriving is on its way to changing the way the world drives by building smarter drivers. As a fast-growing, private-equity backed online education and services company, we’ve got our sights on being the brand of choice for teens, families, adults and companies looking for online drivers ed, traffic school, and corporate fleet risk management. With over 10 million drivers trained, 100+ state-approved training courses, and operations around the globe, we are the largest player in this space and are expanding rapidly.
The driving school/safety market is being disrupted today by rapid changes in technology. eDriving sits directly at the convergence of several major trends that position the company for significant growth. The emergence of apps and wearable devices that capture and control personal data and behavior; the expansion of usage-based insurance models; and the proliferation of businesses dependent on contracted drivers. Our mission is to take advantage of these market opportunities by offering a full suite of solutions that help drivers become smarter and safer behind the wheel in close partnership with corporations, fleet services, and insurance companies. For more, visit www.edriving.com.
- Do you have an eagle eye for spelling errors? Do you cringe if you hear someone say “could care less”? And most importantly, are you passionate about producing and promoting content for consumers that makes complex topics easy to understand?
- You’ll work with an SEO/Online Marketing team to brainstorm content campaigns, maintain an editorial calendar on tight deadlines, ensure content is well written, SEO-optimized, and provide a superior on-site experience for consumers.
- The content produced and published by this team helps consumers make informed decisions about their needs in drivers ed, traffic school and developing of safer driving habits.
The primary role is to produce and edit original, influential, and informational content. You’ll coordinate with a Social Media Manager and PR spokesperson to promote and distribute the content through a variety of channels.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and SKILLS
- Manage and produce all content for 3 consumer-facing sites from pitch to publication. Management includes reviewing pitches, assigning stories, multiple rounds of edits, and posting to sites.
- Maintain editorial and assignment calendar.
- Create an average of two data-driven studies per month; produce “magnet content” pages with added on-page elements including graphics, video, tools and quizzes.
- Manage a small team of freelancer writers and copy editors.
- Manage editorial budget from month-to-month
- Coordinate with social media manager and designer to create social campaigns and graphics.
- Write marketing and legal copy for consumer tools.
- Coordinate and manage cross-department content projects with product and development teams
- Implement SEO content optimization changes across all sites.
- Use tools such as SEO Moz to identify content opportunities.
- Experience with CMS tools
- Basic HTML knowledge.
- Proficient with AP Style.
- Proficient at writing and editing.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- The ideal candidate will have 4 to 5 (or more) years’ experience creating, and managing the creation of editorial, visual and interactive content that’s engaging and informative. You must be highly collaborative, organized, creative, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent editing and writing skills are a must.
- You must have experience with online marketing and understand SEO best practices.
- You’re a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the driver safety and insurance industry is a plus.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A bachelors or advanced college degree is preferred
- A journalism degree is a plus
- Commensurate military training/experience is acceptable
- Relevant industry experience will be considered
- Candidate must present writing samples of his/her work