eDriving is the largest provider of online driver training and global driver risk management with more than 10 million U.S. consumer customers to date and 700,000 fleet drivers worldwide annually. In addition to providing state-regulated online novice driver training (a.k.a. drivers ed courses and drivers permit certification) and online driver improvement courses (a.k.a. traffic school), our focus is on helping drivers become smarter and safer behind the wheel in close partnership with corporations, fleet services, and insurance companies. Our mission is to maximize road safety by using technology and online learning expertise to empower smarter, more reliable drivers to be in control of their behavior behind the wheel. For more, visit www.edriving.com. eDriving is a profitable, private-equity backed company on a big mission to build smarter drivers at a time. We have the fire and growth potential of a start-up with the traction of a company who has had over ten years to build momentum, revenue, and operational scale.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer and/or Lead Curriculum Developer (Writer) to join our eLearning team! This position will become the expert in driver safety to shape course materials for our customers, and has the opportunity to literally ‘drive’ the direction of our products. Our eLearning products range from state-regulated driver’s training to innovative micro-learning and gamification modules. The ideal candidate is a blend of strategist and executor, who loves creating content that will change behaviors and influence the world in a positive way.
How you will make an impact everyday:
- Lead the Curriculum Development team and partner with other eLearning leaders and stakeholders/advisors in producing engaging, compelling content and driving the direction of our courses.
- Research and synthesize legal information, statistical research, proprietary course materials, and other key content into effective eLearning materials that can be used in various content-oriented projects.
- Collaborate with development, media, and other key stakeholders in producing effective instruction.
- Interact with internal and external SME’s to analyze and understand business requirements, develop instruction and learning objectives, accumulate content, and produce content that aligns.
- Work cross-departmentally to contribute to the creation of user-friendly content that will convince our customers' to drive safely and responsibly.
- Explore innovative learning methodologies such as interaction design, VR, gamification to continuously refine our products.
- Consolidate useful information, links, and media resources into a single company-wide database to facilitate the production of valuable content across eDriving.
- Develop courses that meet the needs of various constituencies at the same time, including but not limited to state regulatory agencies, corporate clients, teenage and adult consumers, and eDriving itself.
- Understand and ensure compliance with appropriate driver training curricula, and particularly with rules and standards mandated by the states.
- Research and decipher studies, statistics, state legal codes, and other complex technical material.
- Create a seamlessly engaging experience for our customers by translating technical concepts into straightforward prose and integrating various media elements appropriately into courses
- Become the expert in eDriving products, laws, and best practices and translate these into learning solutions.
What you bring to the table:
- Bright, resourceful, adaptable, dedicated, and team-focused self-starter.
- Experience partnering with SME's & stakeholders to understand and then produce learning objectives, storyboards, and course materials with an emphasis on behavioral change.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of groups (teens, mature drivers, traffic violators).
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent command of the English language and ability to articulate technical concepts.
- Ability to work regularly from either our Carlsbad, CA or Oakland, CA offices.
- Computer savvy with the ability to quickly pick up technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English, technical writing or relevant field.
- 3+ years experience in Instructional design or eLearning.
- Education in Instructional Design a plus.
- Management experience a plus.