DriversEd.com, a division of eDriving, is hiring Professional Driving Instructors to join our Road Safety Team. If you are an excellent driver yourself, and genuinely interested in teaching defensive driving and passionate about making a difference in student’s lives, join us in helping new driver's get the very best start!
· Above average Interpersonal skills. Fluent English. Bilingual is a plus!
· Ability to give clear instructions.
· Excellent driver with basic vehicle maintenance skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Attentive and focused.
· Able to stay calm during stressful situations.
What an applicant needs:
· Home internet access, basic computer abilities, reliable transportation, and a cell phone.
· Must possess at least a HS Diploma (Certified translation of HS diploma is required, if issued by other country), or GED certificate or Official Transcripts.
· A valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age (DMV requirement).
· Clean driving record and must pass a background check.
· 4-6 days per week availability preferred. Our peak hours are 2pm – 9pm on weekdays and 7am-9pm on weekends. We offer flexible scheduling options, with a goal of 12-24 hours per week (but more hours may be available).
· Commitment to DMV requirements to become a certified Driving Instructor:
1. Complete our FREE State required-DMV Instructor Training program, which includes: an internet (study-at-home) program and one-on-one In-Car training. Depending on your availability, training can be completed in as little as two weeks to a month.
2. Occupational License which requires DMV Application, Fingerprint scanning (Livescan), DMV physical health report, drug testing. These items are required during our FREE Training Program.
· You will be an employee, not an independent contractor.
· 401k with company match.
· PTO (vacation pay) - accrual based on hours worked up to 2 weeks per year.
· You will teach in a dual-brake controlled company vehicle. We pay all gas and business expenses, and provide insurance for you and the student.
· Our part-time instructor's average $500 per week. Generally, the greater your availability, the more students are likely to be scheduled for you.
· Work close to your home and earn extra money that is flexible around your full-time job.